Let’s go back to September 2015 when I had last posted. I had just said goodbye to a close friend who would be studying abroad in France, was only a few months into a night job and was coming to grips with my longing for more English classes.
Quite a bit has happened since then, including but not limited to:
- Declaring an English minor
- Taking a cruise to Alaska
- Taking a creative writing course from M.L. Liebler, one of the most eccentric professors I’ve ever encountered
- Presenting a research paper at a student conference where I had to talk about quite a brutal murder
- Becoming a dog mom
- Ditching the English minor for a full-on second degree
- Getting my dream internship with Hour Media
- Getting a job as a paginator
- Taking a class under Beth Konrad, the legend
- Joining Society of Professional Journalists
- Starting a capstone project which will hopefully continue through the years
- Graduated from college
- Joined the leadership team for a mental health blog
Oh, and books. So. Many. Books. Read.
Yes, I’ve been busy. I’ve silently maintain this domain not only because I knew I would return one day in a glory of typing and tagging for my limited audience of family but also because I enjoy having something I’m proud of.
Will I be updating every week? Likely not, if we’re being honest with each other. I intend to get at least a few posts up a month with topics ranging from post-grad life to current events in my usual sarcastic tone. I won’t be waiting nearly five years again because frankly…
I have a lot of stories to tell.