blog, Buzzfeed, challenge, dog, excitement, fun, international, photojournalism, writing
Day 15: Bullet point your whole day
To start with, I’d like to point out this will be boring seeing as I’m on summer vacation and have another two months before the Fall semester starts.
- Alarm screeches at 9:30 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m. – Turn off alarm and fall back asleep.
- Slowly begin waking up around 11 a.m.
- While still in bed, check Twitter for any pressing news.
- By noon, still in bed but have checked all social media.
- 12:30 p.m. – Seriously, get up.
- 12:45 p.m. – Your mother probably would like to know you’re alive.
- 12:50 p.m. – Groan as your bones cry in defiance as you get out of bed.
- 12:55 p.m. – Mom’s on the phone…she’ll hear me in the kitchen and not send a search party.
- 1:08 p.m. – Check garden.
- 1:14 p.m. – Harvest some chives.
- 1:30 p.m. – Making lunch for mom and I.
- 2:00 p.m. – Grab Mischief Manager (my Macbook) and recheck Twitter, Facebook and WordPress stats.
- 2:05 p.m. – Hey! Someone from Australia liked my last post.
- 2:06 p.m. – Fist-pump for going global.
- 2:10 p.m. – Pull up Day 16 and start working on it.
- 2:15 p.m. – Time to check Buzzfeed Video.
- 3:45 p.m. – Crap. Buzzfeed. Crap.
- 3:46 p.m. – One more video and I’ll get back to work.
- 3:47 p.m. – Science rules.
- 3:52 p.m. – Okay, photojournalism gardening update text. And go.
- 4:32 p.m. – My fingers hurt. Finger stretches.
- 4:44 p.m. – Grab future blog post notes. Begin typing rainy-day posts.
- 5:01 p.m. – When was the last time Alexis emailed me? Should I be worried?
- 5:04 p.m. – Snuggle Mr. Bosworth.
- 5:42 p.m. – Get necessary photos/gifs for post.
- 6:01 p.m. – Put text and media into WordPress. Tag, categorize and preview.
- 6:08 p.m. – Save draft.
- 6:15 p.m. – Grab wine, book and head out to the cabana.
- 7:05 p.m. – Head inside for dinner.
- 7:20 p.m. – Finish dinner, begin kitchen clean up.
- 7:51 p.m. – Dinner packed away, lunches made and dishes washed.
- 8:02 p.m. – Do we have any cookies?
- 8:09 p.m. – Cookie pursuit failed. Settling for water.
- 8:20 p.m. – Final post checks.
- 8:22 p.m. – All systems go. Blog post published.
- 8:43 p.m. – No views. Not even from your mother.
- 8:44 p.m. – I feel like Bridget Jones.
- 9:11 p.m. – 15 views. That escalated quickly.
- 10:01 p.m. – Bid goodnight to mom.
- 10:03 p.m. – Look through Instagram
- 11:46 p.m. – Instagram is bad for efficiency.
- 11:50 p.m. – Prep out new blog posts.
- 1:07 a.m. – I’m on a roll.
- 1:41 a.m. – Roll ended. Now I’m tired.
- 1:59 a.m. – Teeth done, Mischief manager and power chord put away, lights off. Now to bed.
- 2:07 a.m. – My ceiling in the dark is fascinating.
- 3:30 a.m. – I should Google about the origins of plaster in the morning.
- 3:50 a.m. – I should make another playlist.
- 4:02 a.m. – I hear dad getting up for the day. Bad sign. I think I should start counting sheep.
That’s basically a combination of my weekend and the random things that go through my head at any given time. Am I strange? Most definitely.